As of right now (April 20) we have our schedules closed until May 1. However, I have a feeling that we will be closing our books even longer while we wait for what kind of re-opening plan Governor Whitmer is planning on instituting.
Given the nature of our business, obviously we are at higher risk than say, a bookkeeper, but at a lower risk than a dentists office. On a scale of 1-100, massage therapy scored 52.8.
When friends (including clients, because you are all considered friends) ask “when are you going to be able to reopen?” the simple answer is:
I don’t know.
What I do know is that we are actively working on implementing plans to expand our safety and sanitation procedures when we do re-open. Thankfully, we were taught in school and always follow proper hygiene protocols but when we re-open we will be doing the following:
- Requiring everyone to fill out a pre-screening form 24 hours before their appointment (so if necessary, we can reschedule before we have you come in)
- Limiting the number of appointments per day as well as expanding our time between appointments to give us time to further disinfect our treatment rooms
- Hand sanitizer as soon as you walk in the door and shoes will be left in the lobby
- Air purifiers in all of the rooms as well as the lobby
- Fresh blankets for each session
- Brenda, Naomi and myself will be wearing masks
What I do know is that I am not going to let something like a pandemic ruin Michigan Massage and Wellness
If I can be completely transparent here, Michigan Massage and Wellness is all I know. Being a massage therapist is all I know how to do. Sure, I can teach a stretching and mobility class, and I think I can run a business (because I’ve been doing it for 15 years) but this is my home. It’s what I do, it’s what I am great at and it’s what I love. I have a fantastic team of two therapists that are like family to me, and I can’t wait until we can get back to whatever our new normal is.
In the meantime, check out our other resources
If you haven’t yet, we’d love a like! I’m popping in from time to time to do a quick stretch, share other useful information and of course, photos of my dogs living their best shelter in place life.
I’ve been having a blast doing short mini-classes in our Facebook group. And they’re all in the ‘past events’ tab so you can watch anytime!