How do you celebrate Mothers Day?
Ah Mothers Day. That one day a year where moms are celebrated. It’s their special day! So, what are you going to do to celebrate the mom in your life?
Here are some fun facts about that day in May that changes from year to year:
- More calls are made on Mothers Day than any other day of the year (sorry dads)
- It is the third highest selling holiday for flowers and plants
- It’s the busiest day of the year for restaurants
- The history of Mothers Day starts with Anna Jarvis
- In 2018 over $23 billion was spent on celebrations and gifts.
How do you celebrate the mom in your life? Do you take her out for brunch along with everyone else? Send flowers? Lavish her with gifts? Perhaps a gift certificate from your friendly neighborhood massage therapist?
Unfortunately I know that some out there have lost their mothers to illness or they simply don’t have a relationship with their mother like they want. But don’t think of it just as a celebration for moms, think of that special person in your life: a sister, an aunt, a friend who just became a new mom, or even the dad pulling double duty.
At the end of the day, and every day, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and anyone special to you should be celebrated, so find the mom in your life in whatever capacity and give them a hug, and a gift certificate to come and see Michigan Massage and Wellness.
In good hands,
Rebecca Tamm, LMT