Are you or someone you know expecting? Prenatal massage is tremendously beneficial for both mom and baby through every step of pregnancy. Let the soothing strokes calm frazzled nerves, as well as many of those “wonderful” symptoms such as irritability, swelling, nausea, fatigue and sciatic pain. This is also a great introduction to massage for the new arrival!
There are considerable benefits to prenatal massage and how it can help the expectant mother prepare for her upcoming bundle of joy. Prenatal massage may:
- Alleviate joint pain and discomfort caused by weight gain and swelling
- Help to treat ailments commonly present during pregnancy such as sciatica, carpal tunnel syndrome, swelling, leg cramps, headaches, and more.
- Assist in lowering blood pressure
- Help to lower stress levels
- Aid in soothing and relaxing the central nervous system (downregulation is your friend during pregnancy!)
- Offer a safe, natural method of pain relief during pregnancy (as well as before and after)
Should you have any questions prior to booking, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Also, while we do not have a prenatal specific table with cutouts in the cushions, we have a very comfortable pregnancy cushion/pillow system that clients are able to enjoy through every stage of their pregnancy.